Free School Meals
If you need to reapply or apply for Free School Meals (FSM) for your child, please use the Wiltshire online portal. The application form is short and only requires basic details such as your name, address and National Insurance number.
In order to qualify for FSM, Wiltshire Council will need to know that you are receiving a qualifying benefit. The benefits that apply are:
- Income Support
- Job Seeker's Allowance (income-based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
- support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - providing you are NOT entitled to Working Tax Credit and your family's annual income (as assessed by HMRC) is not more than £16,190 (as at 6 April 2012)
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
If you would prefer to apply by post, please download the paper version below and send to:
Free School Meals
Revenues and Benefits
Receiving Free School Meals
When we have confirmation of a successful FSM Application, your child will automatically receive a daily allowance of £3.50 on their online cashless catering account.
When paying for food at the Dining Hall, there is no need for students to declare that they receive Free School Meals – their allowance is automatically on screen for the staff member. This means that the whole process is very easy and discrete.
The allocation of £3.50 can be used at lunchtime or split over break and lunch. At lunch, the allocation enables students to receive a savoury item, a sweet item (such as yoghurt, fruit or a cookie) and a healthy drink.
Free School Meals and the Pupil Premium
Schools receive additional funding for students receiving FSM as well as students who no longer receive FSM but have done in the last 6 years (they are known as Ever 6 students). We receive £985 for each student who receives FSM and for each Ever 6 student.
We use some of this funding to provide additional discounts to all FSM and Ever 6 students. Specifically, this goes towards activities that will help to develop students holistically. We also provide free GCSE preparation materials.
We currently provide the following discounts and entitlements to FSM and Ever 6 students:
- One free chargeable enrichment activity per long term.
- One-to-one peripatetic music lessons.
- All curricular day trips fully paid for.
- 10% off all foreign trips.
- 10% off all trips during activities week.
- £86 off D of E registration and equipment.
- Free revision guides when provided by our subject leads.
If you would like to find out more about how we use the Pupil Premium grant and its impact on young people, please follow the link below:
If you need any assistance from Free School Meals, please email our Office Manager