Why Work at WSE?
At WSE we employ and develop brilliant people to do the job they love at a great school in a beautiful location.
We are committed to a staff culture where people feel well-supported, professionally engaged, challenged and valued. In turn, this culture enables our students to become the best versions of themselves because they are nurtured and inspired by a committed, happy staff team.
Why work at WSE?
- Our students! Our friendly, often funny, students embrace challenges and are why we come to work each day
- Our strong behaviour policy and support systems allow disruption free teaching
- The freedom to be creative in teaching in the way that works best for students, not prescriptive
- We are feedback-focused, not marking focused
- Personalised continuous professional development for all staff at all levels
- A staff benefits package (including a reduced corporate gym membership and the
Wiltshire Rewards cashback programme)
- We work as part of a Multi-Academy Trust with four secondary schools, benefiting from all the networking opportunities this offers
Why work at WSE? What staff say:
“WSE is a great place to work because you are well supported by staff. There is an atmosphere that champions and values what you have to offer. Line managers check in with you to check if there’s anything they can do for you.” Kerry Greaves, Teaching Assistant
“I love teaching in a disruption free environment.” Jenny Hill-Parker, Specialist Leader of Education – Maths
“WSE is a friendly, welcoming place to work. We have a good reputation out there in the local community.” Rachel Guttridge, Administration Officer – Finance
“I really like the sense of community at WSE and I love the breadth of our curriculum.” Jess Snook, English Teacher
“WSE prioritises investing in staff. Forward thinking and creative CPD opportunities develop leadership and management skills outside the classroom. Staff enrolled on our yearlong Middle and Aspirant Middle Leader programmes have the opportunity to work with a psychologist and develop in areas including delegation, time management, assertion, managing meetings and performance management.” Kathryn Evans, Assistant Headteacher
“I am really proud to work at WSE. There is a sense of teamwork and camaraderie. No two days are ever the same.” Debbie Collins, Receptionist
“Support for NQTs is so good at WSE!” Harriet Clark, Newly Qualified Teacher – Englishâ
Are you brilliant in what you do? Are you passionate about education? Are you caring, enthusiastic and looking to be challenged? Then come and join our team!
Considering a move into a teaching career? Here are the opportunities to get started in teacher training.