SIMS Parent App
About SIMS Parent
SIMS Parent is a website and app that is accessible to provide information about your child’s attendance, reports, data collection sheet and assessment and well has communications about enrichments and trips.
As you will appreciate, it is essential that we take great care with this process to ensure not only that the data we provide is accurate and valid but also that it is held and transferred securely. We take our responsibility under GDPR seriously and therefore we will be taking great care to ensure that access to this data is available only to those entitled.
Step 1 - Request an invite email
Please email the school office to request an invite email.
Step 2 – Invite email
You will receive an automated email, which is your invite to join SIMS Parent App.
Click the link within the email. A new browser window will open.
(If this fails with an error please try opening the link in another browser, like Google Chrome).
Step 3 – Sign In
To register for SIMS Parent App you will need one of the following accounts:
Microsoft Office 365, Google, Facebook, Twitter.
1. Under 'Sign In With Account', select the appropriate platform for sign in. This depends upon the type of account you have chosen to use.
2. Enter your email address/ username and then click Next or Continue.
3. Enter the associated password and click Next or Continue.
Step 4 – Register Account
1. Enter the Invitation code supplied by the school if it has not already completed automatically, Date of Birth of the student, and click Register.
You have now activated your account and will be able to log in to SIMS Parent App for the first time. Get the app “SIMS Parent App” (Apple App Store or Google Play Store) or go to: www.sims-parent.co.uk to login.
- Your account allows you to access each of your children at Wyvern St Edmund’s Schools.
- When you complete this process, you will need to use the same Third Party provider / method of logging in to SIMS Parent App in future.
- As you use a Third Party account to access SIMS Parent App, the school are unable to help you with your username and password. However, if you are unable to access your account entirely, please contact the school and we will assist you.
- Your invite email which you receive from firstname.lastname@example.org is unique to you and should not be used by anyone else.
- The link in your invite email will expire after 90 days if it is not used. Please contact the school if you require a further invite email if your previous one has expired.
Sharing your password
Your username and password should never be disclosed to anyone.
Queries relating to SIMS Parent App
If you have any queries relating to SIMS Parent App, please contact the school.
SIMs Parent App
The SIMS Parent App is a convenient way to share information with you about your child’s school life. The SIMS Parent App allows you to access our student data system from a smartphone, tablet or PC – anytime, anywhere. It is easy to set up and convenient to use. You can even use your preferred social media login to access the app. In the SIMS Parent App you will be able to access:
- Important information such as attendance, behaviour, achievements and timetables
- Term dates and teacher training days
- Your child’s school reports
- Notifications to remind you about important information such as key dates for your diary
- Your contact details, which you can change and update at your convenience, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergencies.
Please note: If you have more than one child at Wyvern and/or St Edmunds, you will have access to information for all your children, from the same app.
The information that you receive through the app will help you to stay up-to-date with your child’s school life as well as support your child’s development and progress. If you require further information about SIMS Parent, please go to www.wyverncollege.wilts.sch.uk/simsparent or www.st-edmunds.eu/simsparent
To get started with the Parent App all you will need to do is follow the instructions below.
- Please make sure the school has your updated email address, if you are unsure or would like to give the school your email address, please email email@example.com.
- When you receive your activation email, simply click on the link from your tablet, PC or smartphone to activate your account.
- You can then login using your normal Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft username and password.
- From your smartphone or tablet, download the app from the Google Play or Apple App store - search for SIMS Parent (it’s free!).
- From a PC or Windows phone, login online at www.sims-parent.co.uk.
Please note: Your activation email is unique to you and should not be used by anyone else. If you have not notified us about others requiring parental responsibility, simply make the request within the app and we will issue an activation email. Your activation email will expire after 14 days if it is not used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a replacement after this date.
Setting up your ParentPay account
To create a new account, you will need to have the account activation letter provided by your school to hand. You will also need to be able to access your email as your email address will become your new username and is used for the verification process.
If you have lost your activation letter or not yet received it, please contact your school.
Please note, if you have previously had a ParentPay account you should attempt to login to this account and follow the add a child process, rather than creating a new one.
- Navigate to parentpay.com
- Select Login at the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter the username and password (activation codes) provided in your account activation letter and select Login.
- Complete the activation as detailed on the screen.
You can now log in to your account.
For further info on activating your account view here.
How to set alerts:
- Go to Communications
- Go to Alert Settings
- Select the type of Alert (low balance and/or new item) and select how you want to receive alerts, email and/or SMS Text.
Email alerts are free of charge. If you opt for SMS text alerts there is a small charge per text.
For more information on setting alerts, view our guide on how to set up email or text alerts.
Satchel One, previously known as Show My Homework, is used to set home learning. Please see our 'How to' videos below for guidance for both parents and students. If you have any further queries please contact us by email.
Information for parents
Following the success of our online parents' evenings, we are delighted to announce that we will continue to conduct online parents' evenings for all years during the 2021_22 Academic Year, using the School Cloud platform.
For 2021_22 Parents' Evenings will take place on the below dates. All parents' evenings will take place between 3pm and 7:30pm.
|Year 11X||7th December 2021|
|Year 11Y||9th December 2021|
|Year 9||18th January 2022|
|Year 9||20th January 2022|
|Year 10||15th March 2022|
|Year 10||17th March 2022|
|Year 11||29th March 2022|
|Year 11||31st March 2022|
|Year 7||3rd May 2022|
|Year 7||5th May 2022|
|Year 8||21st June 2022|
|Year 8||23rd June 2022|
You will receive a letter inviting you to a parents' evening for your child. This letter will include information for how to log into School Cloud and book appointments as shown below.
To book and access your appointments, please use the following links:
Please see below links to support videos:How to attend appointments over video call
If you have any issues logging in to book appointments, please contact Mrs Allen email@example.com
Leave of Absence
There is no entitlement for a student to take an absence during term time. Please note that amendments to the Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006 which came into force on 1st September 2013 make it clear that Headteachers may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
I certainly appreciate that the cost of a family holiday can be significantly lower if taken in term time, but we continue to do what we can for parents by adding our five Teacher Training Days each year to holiday periods. This could mean a cheaper flight home or an easier journey on the road, for example. I hope that parents will understand that we are doing all we can to improve the attendance of all our students and therefore their attainment.
If parents wish to request permission for extraordinary leave of absence, they should complete an absence request form and submit this to me well in advance and before any bookings are made.
Click on the link for the Extraordinary Leave of Absence Request form, which contains further details of the types of absence which can and cannot be authorised. Copies of the form are also available from Reception.
Important Information about Penalty Notices
Any unauthorised absence of 5 days (10 sessions, either taken at once or cumulative) or more is liable to the issue of a penalty notice by the Local Authority.
On a student’s return to school after such absence the school is required to report this unauthorised absence to the Local Authority.
Amendments to the 2007 Regulations in the Education (Penalty Notices) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2013 came into force on 1st September 2013. Timescales for paying a penalty notice have been reduced: parents must now pay £60 within 21 days or £120 within 28 days. Please note that penalty notices are sent to each person with parental responsibility, and for each child absent from school. This means, for example, that the minimum cost of taking two children out of school for a holiday of 5 days or more could be £120 for each parent, making a total cost for the family of £240.
Click on the link for Wiltshire guidance about Penalty Notices for Holidays Taken in Term Time.
Reporting Your Child Absent
If you know that your child is not well enough to come to school, please contact us as soon as possible:
Guidance for Parents/Carers regarding Attendance
According to the Department for Education, a student with less than 90% attendance over the course of the year is deemed to be ‘persistently absent’.
We follow NHS guidance when deciding whether to authorise absence, and would advise that you read the information provided at the link below in order to assist you in making a decision about whether you should be sending your child/ren to school if you are not sure.
- Headache. A child with a minor headache doesn’t usually need to be kept off school. If the headache is more severe or is accompanied by other symptoms, such as raised temperature or drowsiness, then keep the child off school and consult your GP.
- Sore throat. A sore throat alone doesn’t have to keep a child from school.
- Raised temperature. If your child has a raised temperature, they shouldn’t attend school. They can return 24 hours after they start to feel better.
We expect all students to be on the school site by 8.15 a.m. every morning. Registration begins at 8.20 a.m. and the first lesson starts at 8.30 am.
Students who miss registration need to report to the student reception before going to their lesson.
Staff at WSE
To help you contact the relevant staff member, a list of contact details is provided at the below page.
If you wish to discuss any matter relating to your child’s academic progress or pastoral well-being please contact your child’s tutor in the first instance.